Monday, April 21, 2008

How to hang your surfboard

How to hang your surfboardCoolclasps keep popping up in different sports.

Of course they are great for hanging up bikes, etc. But surfing was one we hadn't thought of before. Considering I grew up surfing in Cape Town I should be chastised for it, but in my defence there aren't huge waves in London. I was down in Newquay a while ago and stayed in a lovely hotel nearby - the hotel was the Watergate Bay Hotel. www.watergatebay.co.uk

They have wonderfully affordable rooms in the Coach house - my room was not huge, and have a crummy bathroom I must admit but affordable and you have breakfast in the main area overlooking the beach - absolutely gorgeous and really good value. If you want space, rent a suite :-)

On the wall was a surfboard, beautiful old thing it was, hung up using some clear strap put through a carefully machined piece of aluminium. It looked amazing. Of course with coolclasps we cost something in the order of probably 5% of whatever that thing cost, so it won't look as good - but then with the coolclasp D attachment it struck me that the surfboard could have been hanging from two surreptitious nails just as easily, so maybe I am wrong...

No comments: